Friday 23 January 2015

Introducing Crafty Bird - creator of beautiful homemade personalised baby name pictures

Earlier this year I stumbled across a lovely lady making and selling wonderful things from her shop on Etsy. This site is a treasure trove of gorgeousness, isn't it?

At the time I was looking for something personalised to go on the wall in Little H's room. When Bobble was born we were inundated with so many presents! I think it's quite normal for baby #2 to not receive quite the same quantity of presents. After all, most people quite rightly expect you to recycle as much as you can from your first baby. Far from being ungrateful (gift horse, mouth and all that), I simply took it as a opportunity to buy him a little extra present from us.

The Crafty Bird's shop window on Etsy got me very excited! Her personalised felt name pictures were SO sweet. There are about a million different personalised pictures for babies available to buy online, but I'd never seen anything like this before. And priced at just £30 plus £7.50 postage, I thought that they were fantastically well priced too.

I got in touch with Sharon, owner of The Crafty Bird, via her Etsy shop and asked what animals she could do for Little H. She suggested either a hedgehog or a hippo. We chose a hippo and left Sharon to go away and come up with a design. Within a day or so, she came back to me with some colour swatches for everything that was going to be in the picture, including the big letter H. Once the colours were agreed she worked on the design. I can't quite remember how long it took, but Sharon kept me informed all the way through the process. She showed me the picture as she created it in stages, and got me to approve the final version before she stitched it all in to place. Less than 2 weeks after I placed my order, the finished piece was hanging in Little H's room.

Here's Little H's hippo - isn't it just the cutest thing?

























And guess what, we loved it so much that we ordered Bobble one for his room. On Christmas Day, he unwrapped his very own Orangutan!
























So, if you're looking for a homemade, utterly unique and personalised present for a new baby, I can highly recommend The Crafty Bird. Visit her Facebook page to see some more of her beautiful creations.

Note - I sourced and paid for this pictures of my own free will. No animals were harmed in the making of these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment