Thursday 28 March 2013

Getting rid of stains

The collective noun for Mums is often described as an Army. They are said to wield huge amounts of power and influence. A force to be reckoned with! Challenging, competing, running the world, whilst simultaneously staying on top of the dirty washing pile and wiping bolognaise-stained faces.

Until I became a Mum, I didn’t know how true this image, stereotype even, was. Having now crossed over to the other side of the fence, I can confirm that there is a lot of truth in these rumours! It’s a massive cliché, but you really do become a member of a special club. And that membership has some fantastic benefits. I’ve learnt so much from other Mums, and it’s my intention to pass on a few of these tips right here.

First up is a good one for saving clothes from an otherwise certain trip to the recycling bank. Many stains can be removed simply by leaving them out in the sun. I can’t explain the science behind it, but I can confirm that it does work. Just leave your stained item outside (or on a windowsill in winter, but be warned that the magic takes a lot longer) on a sunny day and after a few hours, or longer if it’s a tough one, it will simply fade to nothing. Bingo. I haven’t tested a full range of stains like they do in the washing powder adverts (Daz doorstep challenge anyone?) but it definitely works on vests attacked by a leaky nappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment